B.C. Hydro Net Metering
What is Net Metering & How Does It Work?
BC Hydro's net metering program is designed for those who generate electricity from renewable methods such as solar panels. When you generate more electricity than you need, you sell it to them. When you don't generate enough to meet your needs, you buy it like usual.
When you sell to BC Hydro, you get a bill credit towards your future electricity use. If you still have an excess credit at your anniversary date of joining the program, they'll pay you for your excess electricity at the rate of 9.99 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh). It's that simple!
Net Metering Pros:
- Energy Independence With Grid Backup
- Double Safety Protection For All Faults
- No Expensive Battery Banks Needed
- Get Paid To Generate Excess Electricity
- Only One Smart Meter Required Per Installation
- Pay Off Your Solar System Much Faster
- Applicable For Residential & Commercial Customers